By default, Luminant Music’s Video Producer will produce a .WEBM file. You have the option to use an external encoder to produce a video in a different file type such as an MP4.
To encode to a different file type, you must add a command-line encoder and an encoderData.txt file to the StreamingAssets folder within the Luminant Music installation. One popular external encoder is the FFmpeg encoder. If you have already installed Luminant Music, follow these steps to add the FFmpeg encoder.
- Download the FFmpeg encoder (or other external encoder) to your computer. Keep the download location open.
- Download a sample encoderData.txt file, configured to encode MP4 files with the FFmpeg encoder.
- For Windows: encoderData.txt
- For MacOS: encoderData.txt
- Open Luminant Music. Click Main Menu and select VIDEOS. Navigate to the SETTINGS tab in the Video Producer panel.
- Click the white file icon beside the USE EXTERNAL ENCODER toggle to open the StreamingAssets folder.
- From the download location(s), move the FFmpeg executable file (ffmpeg.exe on Windows, ffmpeg on MacOS) [step 1] and the encoderData.txt file [step 2] to the StreamingAssets folder opened in step 4.
Additional instructions for MacOS:
Once it has been moved into the StreamingAssets
folder, run the FFmpeg executable file, and then close the terminal window. Close, then restart Luminant Music. If an error message states that FFmpeg cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer, click OK and complete the following steps:
- Go to the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Security & Privacy.
- On the General tab in Security & Privacy, you will see a message that FFmpeg was blocked from opening because it is from an unidentified developer.
- Click Open Anyway.
- Click Open to confirm that you want to run FFmpeg.
- Close the terminal that opens.
- On the SETTINGS tab of the Video Producer, under VIDEO CONFIGURATION, set the toggle beside USE EXTERNAL ENCODER to YES.
Default locations for StreamingAssets folder:
C:\Program Files\Cybernetic Entertainment\Luminant Music\LuminantMusic_Data\StreamingAssets\